At Deco Products we have the expertise and capabilities to powder coat zinc parts during the production process. Powder coating zinc is one of the attractive and aesthetically appealing reasons of why zinc alloys are chosen in manufacturing. To start out, the powder is coated onto the zinc part electrostatically and then cured using ultraviolet light or heat. The coating formed from the powder finish is harder and tougher than paint.Deco Products started using powder coating in 1972, and now processes millions of parts per year with our state-of-the-art duel line system as pictured to the right. We offer a wide range of in-house colors, along with other services to protect or beautify the surface of the part. The process of powder coating zinc starts with a clean surface by removing any release agents from the foundry area of production.There are many advantages to powder coating such as:
- Durability with more resistance to chipping, scratching and fading, so colors stay more vibrant longer.
- Substantial savings in time since there is no “flash off” period required; the powder coated materials pass directly into the oven.
- More environmentally friendly since there is an absence of volatile organic compounds, (VOC’s) in the process. Additionally, this reduces health hazards to our employees.
- A better-quality finish, since powder melts and flows together evenly.
- A “cleaner” process that allows for rapid changeover.
Deco Products has been a reliable “Made in USA” zinc die cast manufacturer since 1960. Deco Products provides exceptional service and quality products for a multitude of industries. A few services Deco Products provides are custom precision engineered zinc die-casting, powder coating, assembly, CNC Machining, and DFM-Part Design. Deco has been a stable and reliable supplier to the industry and continuously strives for being the best value for its key partner/customers.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.