Zinc Powder Coating
Due to their physical attributes, zinc die cast alloys provide an excellent base or substrate for a clean, attractive and durable finish. Deco first began powder-coating in 1972 and now processes millions of castings in our state-of-the-art dual line system. We offer a wide range of in-house finishes, along with other services to protect or beautify the surface of the part.
There are many advantages to powder coating including:
- Durability with more resistance to chipping, scratching and fading, so colors stay more vibrant longer.
- Substantial savings in time since there is no “flash off” period required; the powder coated materials pass directly into the oven.
- More environmentally friendly since there is an absence of volatile organic compounds, (VOC’s) in the process. Additionally, this reduces health hazards to our employees.
- A better-quality finish, since powder melts and flows together evenly.
- A “cleaner” process that allows for rapid changeover.
Zinc Products Finishing
There are some common colors and finishes used in powder coating, but one of the best benefits of this method is the ability to completely customize your color and finish. Finishes can include texture like glitter or wrinkles and a vast range of surfaces from high gloss down to matte.
During the process, each part is washed and dried before receiving an electrostatic powder-coat. To best meet our customer needs we can use epoxy, polyester, urethane or any variety of hybrid mixes. The parts are cured in our in-line dryer system and inspected for quality upon completion. With two complete lines and rapid changeover capabilities, we can produce a variety of distinct finishes for our customers in any given week.
Deco Products offers a diverse selection of colors to choose from, up to 90 different colors. The process of choosing a color can be aided by the sales team by requesting a sample paint chip to be sent. Contact our sales team if you have a project that has a special color.
Call our experts today and learn how working with zinc die casting experts will make your life easier and save you time and money!