The Maintenance Clerk is responsible for a wide variety of activities to ensure that the maintenance, repair, and operation (MRO) parts storage area functions efficiently. Assists in work orders and contractor training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Clerk will receive and maintain the parts inventory, assist with completing the cycle counts of MRO items, and assist the Maintenance Manager with maintaining inventory levels while ensuring good housekeeping practices. The Maintenance Clerk will also assist with tracking of usage of parts in computerized maintenance management system as well as assembling kits of parts for planned maintenance overhauls. The Maintenance Clerk will be expected to work with members of the maintenance team to help ensure MRO items are on hand to allow for execution of scheduled maintenance tasks on time.
- Receive and store MRO items.
- Distribute supplies to maintenance and janitorial staff.
- Perform physical inventory and complete scheduled inventory reports of all MRO items.
- Work with supervisors and managers to ensure repair and overhaul parts and materials are on site for scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Request quotes from vendors to maintain predetermined stock levels of MRO items.
- Track late orders and communicate to maintenance team status of backordered items.
- Maintain proper recordkeeping related to all MRO items receiving, usage and inventory.
- Responsible for receiving deliveries and verifying quantities against the packing slip, preparing shipping documents for items being shipped out via UPS, Fed Ex, etc.
- Assist maintenance staff with locating parts and tracking usage of MRO materials via work orders in the system.
- Assist supervisors and managers with documentation of maintenance activities via standard operating procedures or other technical documents.
- Entering Maintenance Work Orders.
- Housekeeping and organization tasks as needed.
- Backup custodian.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Employee is standing, walking, bending, and stooping approximately 60% of the time.
- Employee is working without air conditioning in an area that can be extremely warm at times.
- Employee must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance department preferred.
- Prior experience in ERP systems.
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must establish and maintain high levels of responsiveness and credibility with all employees and contractors.
- Must be able to maintain positive and effective relationships with peers, customers, and visitors.
- Ability to work effectively with vendors, while maintaining professionalism as a representative of Deco.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Results Driven.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal work instructions and take
- Flexibility to adjust to various job assignments within their department and work in other departments as the workload increases and decreases.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Capacity to take direction.
Education and Training
- High school diploma or GED.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Computer-Microsoft Office Suite literacy required.