Company and Job Information:
Deco Products is a full-service zinc die-caster that offers precision zinc die-castings to customers globally. We utilize custom designed hot-chambered die-casting machines to offer competitive and quality products.
This position is responsible for preparing financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Analyze costs for new products, components and assemblies. Process manufacturing transactions, analyze variances and report results.
- Other shared duties include: Financial Statement Preparation, Variance Reporting, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Collections
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Capable of working in an ERP system
- Experience and understanding of Manufacturing
- Experience with Crystal reports, or SQL preferred
- Good project and time management.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred
- AAS Accounting degree required
- Cost accounting experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting for manufacturing preferred.